Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our garden

Our flowers are blooming and veggies are growing. We must have picked at least 50-75 zucchinis so far this month. We are giving them to neighbors, the people I work for and also blanching and freezing them for winter use. The tomatoes are still green but we will have beefsteaks and cherry's when they ripen. Cucumbers are still small but will get large fairly quickly in this warm weather. I love the red sunflowers but next year we will plant them elsewhere since they are covering the way to pick the zucchini which are behind them. It's like traipsing through a jungle to pick. We also had strawberries the beginning of June but they are gone now.

I took pics this morning of the garden and all the types of trees we have. We counted them yesterday and wow I didn't realize how many we have. These pics are just a few. None of these trees are older than 15 years old. They give us plenty of privacy from the road.


96 Spruce

10 Weeping Willows





8 Poplars





2 Oaks





1 Russian Olive (Fallen)





8 Mtn Ash





9 Birch





1 Elm





1 Red Cedar





1 Juniper





18 Western Larch (Tamarack)





1 Hawthorne





1 Pear





1 Apple





5 Ponderosa Pines





20 Lilac Bushes, Purple and Red Bee Balm





4 comments:

Mom said...

You live in a forest. My little quarter acre lot has 6 trees. No room for more.

Anonymous said...

Your property is gorgeous! Oh it's so nice to see it and to know how much you appreciate it. We do too living up here. Are you making squash pie? If so, let me know when it' ready--I'll zoom over with fork in hand.

Look at your precious kitties...no wonder you and Ro get along so well.

Thanks for your prayers!

rosemary said...

You COUNTED your trees???? Barb, we need to get out more!

Barb said...

Well it's not like I live in a big forest anymore and Jerry counted them actually.

I am getting out more. I am meeting you for lunch tomorrow in CDA remember?