Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tennis anyone?

As I was growing up my parents paid for me to have tennis lessons. I think I was around 11 or 12. I got to wear pretty tennis outfits that made me feel pretty. The problem was that I really wasn't any good at the game of tennis even after the lessons. In fact I began to despise the game altogether. Those were the years I started to rebel against my parents for one reason or another. Fact is I have never been interested in tennis since. (my brother and mother still play).

Today, I thought I would put the TV on just for some noise while I was putzing around the house. Yes, Mom I was cleaning again! LOL. Anyway I happened to click onto the Wimbledon Championship game between Federer and Nadel. I watched in awe as the two men played, amazed at the shots they were dealing. I actually sat on the couch and watched them play another set. I guess it was the longest game in the history of Wimbledon. 4 hours and 45 minutes. With two rain delays and almost nightfall Nadel won the Championship. What an exciting moment for him. He played a magnificent game. Maybe next year I will watch again.

Tonight I am going to watch my movie from Netflix called "Number 23". Will let you know what I think of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I used to hit the t-ball against the garage door for hours and hours...could even do 4 corners! I tried over the years but to no avail as well. Even had those silly ruffled tenni-pants. :^) snicker-snort.
I am looking forward to meeting Ro. I teach in Spokane on the S. Hill. Maybe we will meet one day too...glad you had a good 4th

rosemary said...

The only time I ever played tennis was in high school....I got hit in the nose and dropped that gym class....I can just see you in a little while pleated skirt and a logo t-shirt!!!