Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Florence Oregon

Well I just returned late last night from visiting my parents in Florence Oregon. I arrived in Eugene Friday where my parents picked me up at the airport. Was up in the upper 80's degree wise.

Florence is about 68 miles from Eugene and a very scenic drive. We stopped off at the La Valle winery for a tasting before heading back to Florence.

My Dad is going to be 83 this October and is in a lot of pain from brusitus. He sometimes doubles over while walking the pain is so severe. He is also a diabetic so has to be careful of medication he takes. His doctor has given him some pain pills but he says they don't help. He also has to do excercises to relieve the pain. I DON'T WANT TO GET OLD!! I think if I end up with ailments that are so painful and make life so hard, I will try and find Dr. Kavorkian or someone like him. I hear Oregon is one of the few states if not the only one that has assisted suicide. Don't get me wrong, I am no where near getting to that point yet. But..............

My visit was nice. We went up the coast on Monday but it was so foggy we couldn't see a thing. No pictures in other words. Had some nice dinners in town. I had lots of clams and mussells.

I arrived home last night around 11pm, came home and went straight to bed. I was tired because we left very early in the morning for Eugene because I wanted to do lots of shopping at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, Chico's and Trader Joe's. Can you believe the closest Trader Joe's to Spokane is in Seattle? Sure would be nice to have one closer. I love their Green Tea bath soap. I also bought some English Stilton cheese and put it in my suitcase. When I got home it looked a bit squished but still tasted good. I put it in the fridge last night and we had a few nibbles of it this evening.

Jerry leaves to visit his son in Seattle tomorrow morning for the 4th of July. He won't be back till next Monday. I have so much work to catch up on it's going to be a working weekend for me. I also have to clean this house. For being semi-retired I am always busy doing something. Usually Monday's and Wednesdays are my "free" days. Tuesdays I clean a house, do laundry, take clothes to the cleaners and pick up cleaned ones etc... This is just a part time job till the end of August. The wife and kids take off for the summer and leaves the Dad behind to work. I guess he doesn't know how to clean, do laundry or any other domestic type of household work so I get to do the job every Tuesday. This week was Wednesday though since I didn't get back from Florence till late Tuesday. Tomorrow, Thursday I also clean a house for this wonderful family. The two little children are so adorable they remind me of my own grand kids. This house is 5,000 sq feet and three stories. Well so is the other one I clean too.

I also work for Jerry's moving business doing the bookkeeping. Every other weekend I do payroll so guess what I will be doing this weekend. Yep, plus all the data entry for the last two weeks in order to do payroll. As I said I have a lot of work to do this weekend. I also pick up the revenue and drop off at the bank almost every evening. So you see it is a pretty busy life here in Spokane. Oh and of course don't forget all the gardening I like to do too.

We have tomatoes, lettuce, zuchinni, cucumbers, bell peppers, strawberries and lots of herbs growing. Jerry also planted a lot of sunflowers that are getting pretty tall. Will try and get some pics posted soon.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You do sounds like a busy lady. I have found retirement gives me more time to do the things I enjoy instead of the things I have to do. I find my days are usually full and when there is time I read and visit with friends. Gardening has never been part of my life. I find everything i want at the local farmer's market.

rosemary said...

Rub it in about the garden...we have sad little tomato and onion plants.....really sad. I would love to have a bigger mall/shops closer. I don't care if gas gets to 20 bucks a gallon, in the good weather months i am going to CDA or Spokane to shop even if it is just window shopping. Just FYI....you have the cream of the crop on your blog list. They are all wonderful folks.