Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

I was planning on spending this whole weekend working but.....

I got out early yesterday and mowed the grass around the house. I want to fire our gardner cause he is just too expensive and he mows over some of my plants at times. Really pisses me off. We have 5 acres but we only want around 2 of them mowed.

The gardener sold me a little riding mower and said it would only last a couple of years. So we made a deal that I would mow the area around the house and he would take care of the rest. This way I thought it would cut down on the cost. The last time he was here both Jerry and I were gone. I will admit the yard looked nice when we got home that night but he still charged Jerry the same amount as if he'd done the whole yard himself. Made me mad but Jerry didn't mind that much. Arrrrrggg Men!!! Anyway the gardner told me to try out this bigger mower to see if I liked it better than the tiny one he sold me. (the belt broke on mine and hadn't had time to get a new one yet.) So I was mowing with his mower one day and he happened to come by. He went ballistic on me asking if I checked the oil before I started mowing. I am a woman, how did I know I was suppose to check the oil EVERY TIME I used it. Geez! You don't have to check the car oil everytime you drive it someplace!!!! Anyway he went on bitching about how much time and money it takes to keep these mowers in tip top condition blah blah blah. I went and found some oil and of course he put it in still ranting that I could have burned up the engine blah blah blah.

A few days after that he stopped by again and I just gave him one of my disgusted looks that could kill. He just looked back and said "WHAT?" I left and went into my office to work. I heard Jerry yelling at him about the way he treated me over his mower. They argued for about ten minutes then all was quiet. I came out and asked Jerry what happened and he said he told Ronnie to take his damn mower and leave. We don't know if he will be back. Hope not. I know it is hard work mowing but I can do it even if I have to buy another heavier duty one. Right now I am using my old Sears gas push mower. Talk about getting exercise :) Jerry is helping too.

Why does this blog sound like a bitch blog? Ok let's get on to happier subjects. Am I suppose to be writing all this or just little tid bits of stuff?

Also yesterday I did a lot of paperwork for the business. About 5 hrs worth. I then took a break and noticed Happy (Red Heeler)had taken off again. I wondered if she heard fireworks and got scared. I called and called and no Happy. I got in the car and drove down the road to our friends house that has a disc golf course. (Happy loves to join in the game) She wasn't there. I started back home and I glanced over at my neighbors house and guess who was behind the gate. Yep, good ole Happy. I noticed the neighbors had company so I was hesitant to go get her. I stood and yelled for her several times but no one heard me. I am sure Happy did but she was getting spoiled. Finally Patty came to the gate and invited me in. She said Happy always comes to visit her and she usually hears Jerry calling her and lets her out. My voice doesn't carry well enough.

Well I ended up enjoying the 4th of July at the neighbors with wine, hamburgers and some very nice people. Got home about 10pm just in time to look out the windows to see some fireworks going off downtown Spokane. Happy was still a bit aprehensive of the fireworks so she slept on Jerry's side of the bed instead of her bed on my side which is by the sliding glass door.

My neighbor Patty just loves all animals and takes care of Happy and our two cats when we go overnight someplace. She spoils them ROTTEN and has often said she wished she had found our two cats first. (she loves them that much). They are brother & sister, grey in color and we named them Ashley and Smokey. They were only 8 weeks old when we adopted them from Spokanimal. They think Happy is their mother.

Ok, I have to get back to cleaning this house now. I have scrubbed all the baseboards in the bathrooms and kitchen before mopping, washed all the saucers under each house plant, washed all the rungs on the dining table and chairs. Now I will start on the rest of the house. Work work work and I love it. Maybe I need a brain scan???

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, you are writing just what you are supposed to be writing. It is the story of you and what is going on in your head and in your life.
You make me tired with all your hard work, but I know you enjoy the work and the clean house and yard that result.
I would have fired that gardener too!

rosemary said...

I agree with mom/sue. As for the mower...I am still using the one Steve got me in 2003....we paid quite a bit for it but it has lasted and runs well. I never check the oil...that's a man's job.