Monday, June 23, 2008

Going to see my daughter

I am so excited right now I can't speak! I just booked a flight to Long Beach CA. Seems my daughter will be there from Chicago for a wedding. I haven't seen her since Christmas of 2005 when she and my grandkids spent Christmas with me in Sandpoint ID. Her name is Jessica and my only child. Just turned 30 on April 24th. I just drank a beer in celebration so hopefully I don't get too mushy and sentemental on you. My best friend Doreen also lives in Long Beach CA and I will be staying at her home. Boy am I turning into the traveling guru. It's funny too since I hate to fly. I leave for Florence Oregon this Friday to visit my parents who are in their 80's. Jessica would rather live in Long Beach CA but since there are custody issues with her ex, she has to stay in Chicago. She despises the winters in Chicago but likes the rest of the seasons. She has had a bit of a rough life. She lost her Dad at age 17 so she's just got good ole Mom left. She's an only child too which makes it harder on her. I guess that's my fault though. I only wanted one child and it had to be a girl or I was sending it back LOL. My Dad has red hair and my ex-mother-in-law had red hair. I was afraid to have a boy with red hair. Life is rough enough without being called a carrot top growing up. So I thought girls can have beautiful long red hair and not get teased. OK I know I drank a beer on an empty stomach so I better stop blogging now. I just am so excited about seeing Jessica again in late August.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uvWow, how utterly fabulous for you! And Jess too...way to go. Get out that fat red marker and start X-ing out the days. Make lots of plans, dream, plan some more---heck why NOT!? Good job Barb!

rosemary said...

Well, you blogging fool....told you you'd love it! Have you been visiting lots of new blog places? If I don't talk to you before Friday....have a fun time. We have had some sadness here. Sophie died yesterday.

Mom said...

How wonderful that you are going to see your girl. it has been much too long. Enjoy every minute of it.
Cherish the time with your parents. They will be be thrilled to see you.

Middle Child said...

One day Red hair will be so rare that it will be seen as the most beautiful colour to have - I love red hair... pleased about your daughter. I have two, one 33 and one 30 and both live hundreds of kms away from my home - I see them a few times a year, and since my husband died we have felt the smallness and fragility of our family intensely. Our children are so precious