Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday Monday

Feeling better all the time. Anyone remember those songs? It's funny when all I have to do is mention some lyrics to an old song and Jerry knows all the words and starts singing. He sings and plays guitar very well by the way.

My last blog was pretty much feeling sorry for myself but I feel better today. Thanks for reading my blog and sending comments that made me feel better.

I subscribe to Netflix and part of that subscription includes a play now option. I have never tried it till yesterday morning. Had to download a bunch of stuff in order for it to play on my computer but it was well worth it. I watched a documentary called "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" I was fascinated by it. Takes place in San Francisco. If you get a chance, watch this movie. It's great. My friend Doreen told me about it ages ago. I had to call her to tell her I had finally watched it. Oh, better have the kleenex box handy!
Here is a pic of Ashley in her winterized house. Fortuneatly I fixed it up with new plastic to keep the rain and snow from leaking thru before I broke my foot. Took quite a few hours. Put in a clean blanket and hooked up the electric pad which only heats up when body weight is on it. Haven't got the heated water dish out yet but there is still time for that. I didn't think both cats could fit but they do.


The horses across the field that I loved to watch romp and gallop around the fields are gone. One had to be put down because of a bad cut to its leg from getting caught in the fence wire. I guess the other horse was given away or sold so it wouldn't be alone. Maybe I will see new horses out there next spring.
No trick or treaters on Halloween. Didn't expect any really. We live on a non-lit dead-end street. I don't think it's safe for kids to go house to house anymore no matter where they live. Too many crazy people out there.
Today is Nov 3rd. I moved to Spokane exactly 2 years ago today. I still miss my old house in Sandpoint Idaho where I lived for 10 years. I miss my friend Rosemary too.
Nov 11th would have been my late husbands birthday and our 8th wedding anniversary. That day is also his best friends birthday. Yep, same day same year. He's Rosemarys husband, Steve.
It's also Veterans Day and John (late hubby) was stationed in Germany during the Viet Nam War. His brothers were already in Viet Nam and the story goes that the military can't have all the family men in the same war zone. I am glad he got to go to Germany instead. I think he was too.

2 comments:

Mom said...

We saw the wild parrots of telegraph hill a couple of years ago.Fascinating story.
Your kitty looks very snug in her winterized home.
You do sound like you are in recovery mode now. Glad life is looking better.

rosemary said...

I miss you every day Barb....while we may not have talked every day, just knowing you were here made ot OK. I know you aren't far, but it becomes a logistic issue meeting up and now with your foot....Steve misses John more than you know. I think of him every day when I vacuum!!! Steve will be 62....he said that age just doesn't sound right.