Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm free!

Good news! Get to start trying to walk without the bootcast. Foot is healing well. Just have to build muscles up in my leg again. I can't walk too much but little steps at a time. I am on the mend at last!! Does feel funny trying to walk normally though. My ankle doesn't bend very well at the moment because it's been in the bootcast all this time.

Thought I was going to be able to go back to work the beginning of Dec but have to wait until after my next dr appt on Dec 8th. I know I can't stand on my feet for very long right now anyway. Might as well enjoy my time off from here on.

Looks like I might be going to Seattle for Thanksgiving with Jerry's family. I said I probably wouldn't go anywhere for the holidays but that was when I thought I would be back to work.

My Dad's surgery went very well and he is up walking around already. Since he has heart problems, a diabetic and is 83 years old, the doctors only gave him an epidural instead of putting him totally under. He said he heard all the sawing and banging while they were putting his new hip replacement in. YUK! Gives me chills!!

My friend Karen from Sandpoint came to visit before and after her trip to Minneapolis. We are the airport shuttle service for our friends. Had a fun time catching up on all the goings on at Litehouse where I used to work with Karen. She is retiring next spring and moving to Florida.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

sounds like you are on the road to recovery....well except for the fact that you didn't mention your back. I am s l o w l y getting things in order....tons of wash, putting away, cleaning but I wanted to catch up with you.

Mom said...

I know you are doing a little cast-free happy dance.

Erica Ann Awesome said...

Hi...You were in a boot cast. Yikes.
My cat's name is Andy named after the guitarist for The Police. Glad your foot is better.