Thursday, November 6, 2008

Amazing technology

As I write this blog, my Dad is in surgery having a hip replacement. My Mom called from the hospital in Springfield Oregon this morning to say I can watch the progress on-line. She gave me a "tracking" number in which it shows my Dad's stage. Right now it shows he's in operating room # 10. At the end of surgery it will show "Closing". Then it shows when he's in recovery stage #1, then stage #2 and finally ready for family to visit. It shows updates every 60 seconds. It is just amazing what the internet is capable of doing these days isn't it?

Here is Spokane WA we are waiting for a big rain storm to come. Suppose to rain hard through the weekend. Probably means that nasty four letter word (snow) is going to hit you Rosemary.

My friend Karen from Sandpoint will be here tomorrow evening and we are taking her to the airport Saturday morning. She's heading for Minnesota to visit her mom for a week.

So very happy the election turned out the way it did. Now let's just hope Obama can turn this country around. I know it will take time but I really believe this man has a compassion for the people of the USA. Time will tell.

Prop 1000 also won here is WA. This is the assisted suicide prop that I was hoping would pass. All in all the election turned out well in my opinion.

Time to go check on my Dad again. He's 83 so surgery at this time of his life could be tricky if you know what I mean? He has had two triple heart by-passes in the past and is a diabetic.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

It came, it stuck, makes me ill....this is the earliest in 10 years we have gotten sticking snow. I hope your dad has done well....83, wow. We leave Monday for Calif....I can hardly wait. tons to do to get ready....I will try to call before we leave. How's the foot?

Mom said...

Technology is indeed amazing.
How is your recovery going?