Monday, October 13, 2008

Update on broken foot

Had another Orthopedic Dr. appt this morning and the x-ray showed that the break is healing correctly. This is a huge relief since if it wasn't healing the proper way I would need a pin inserted. OUCH! My whole foot is turning yellow, black, blue and purple. Looks lovely! I still have red toenail polish on too so that just adds more color. LOL

This last week has been pretty boring. I have been trying to keep occupied by watching TV, sleeping and working on my cross stitch project. I am still going batty though.

Jerry has taken me for a few rides in the car and that was wonderful. Fresh air and things to look at besides the living room walls.

Another dr's appt on the 27th to see how the bone is healing. Still have to keep my foot up as much as possible but also try to put a little pressure down on it while on the crutches.

Spent most of the day today doing payroll for Jerry's business. Another day down and another 5-6 weeks to go before I can get back to work cleaning.

My Dad was suppose to have hip surgery tomorrow but last week he had a mini stroke. Now he has to have tests done before the re-scheduling of the surgery. He has had pain in his back for so long (years) and finally the doctors in Oregon figured it was his hip. He just turned 83 on the 5th of this month. I am hoping the tests go well and he can get that surgery done soon and be out of pain. Therapy takes a while too but at least he would be on the mend.

You can tell I am bored can't you? I am just blabbing along here like I have all day. Well, guess what? I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't bore you anymore though. I will go take a nap! Bye for now.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

great news......really great. just behave yourself. Sorry to hear about your dad.....you don't need the added worry. Hopefully he will be OK. I will call Monday and see about visiting....if the weather holds.

Mom said...

Go ahead and bore us. we'll listen. glad things are healing, but the recovery does seem endless.
I just finished a good book,"Three cups of Tea." It is really a good read and helped me understand the whole mess in Afghanistan. Reads like a novel but is a true story.