Monday, October 20, 2008

Cloudy days

Fall is definitely here. The trees are shades of reds, yellows and browns.

I grew up in S. Cal so I really never saw the four seasons. Today was windy and cloudy but still beautiful.
Yesterday I was going insane sitting around the house babying this broken foot. Jerry took me to "Northwest Seed and Pet" here in Spokane. We bought another bag of Niger seeds which the Goldfinches love. Also another feeder. The Goldfinch is Washington's state bird and it reminds me of a Canary. One of the feeders is right outside the living room window and I can watch them all day while I am couch bound. What a sight they are. Jerry also hung some sunflowers that we grew over the summer on the pole and it's a treat for the Goldfinches too.


Here is a picture of the boot I have to wear for 6-8 weeks. I am counting the days. It has been exactly 2 weeks 3 days since I broke my foot. It feels like 2 months. I can get up on the crutches and move around a little bit but I get tired easily. Crutches are hard to use at my age. Looks lovely doesn't it? Spittewy! Can't wait for it to go.


Talked to my Dad today and he has been rescheduled for Nov 6 for his hip surgery. Hooray! In the meantime my Mom who is 81 and still plays tennis, hurt her arm last week. She has a torn rotator cuff. So no more tennis for awhile. Lots of physical therapy though. Seems my whole family is falling apart except for my brother who is 3 years older than I. He plays tennis and golf all year round in S. Cal.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Got your message....i am on the way out to the doctor....Not the best place to say this....i have a rash again....I saw the NP yesterday....she is a joke...so back i go. i will either call or email later to see if you can reply. you poor baby.

Mom said...

Glad you are OK, but do sympathize with the frustrations of the healing process. It seems to take so long to heal. Sitting still is not how you like to spend your time. I love watching goldfinch at my feeder.