Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oregon & California here I come!

I leave next Wednesday for Florence, Oregon to see my Mom & Dad for a few days. My brother is meeting me in Eugene (he lives in Santa Monica CA) and we will be driving to Florence together. It's my Moms 82nd birthday next Thursday and the family will celebrate together.

My parents have decided to take their home off the market and stay in Florence. I am glad because they were going to move back to Arizona. They will just be snowbirds instead.

I leave Florence on Sunday the 12th and fly back to Los Angeles with my brother. He will then drive me down to Long Beach to visit my best friend that I have known for almost 40 years. I will stay there until the 16th and fly home to Spokane. Then it's back to clean clean clean. I have picked up a couple of more jobs besides my regular Mon, Wed, and Friday job. I now have a bi-weekly job and a monthly job. This is keeping me busier and out of trouble!

I have some new pics that were taken this morning to post:

This is our first harvest of Zucchinis.













We have been adding Cilantro to our potato salad. Livens it up!













This is the crookneck squash that is in with the two tomato plants. The crooknecks are tiny so far.










Petunias













Daisies














This is the life! Relaxing in the garden.













Happy still loves to play with her disc. We don't throw it for her much anymore because of her arthritis. So she rolls over it instead. She just turned 12 yesterday. Happy Birthday Happy!

Everyone have a happy 4th!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Have a wonderful visit with friends and family. Enjoy!

rosemary said...

Oh have a good time, Barb...sounds like you are staying just long enough with your parents. Enjoy California too. Where are your folks going to snowbird too? Your flowers/veggies are beautiful.. you know Happy could have been Penny's sibling. Looking at her lying there next to you she looks just like Penny. Wow, more work? At this rate we will miss yet another summer to have lunch. Let me know what days you are off....after you get back..

Anonymous said...

How was the trip? I bet you want to go back again...your garden looks great....congrats on the extra jobs...