Sunday, July 26, 2009

Long Beach Harbor California

I forgot to post my mother's 82nd birthday lunch pic on my last post. We had a beautiful time at the Kings Estates Winery. My family seems to think I look like Sarah Palin? Funny no one came up to me or stared as if I was. Hmmmm
This is Lacey (Doreens cat) and she is keeping my chair warm for me till I see her again.
We became very good buddies while I was visiting. She is such a sweetie!


Doreen and I had just eaten at Bubba Gumps


I need to go on a diet after eating there.



Here I am on the Aqualink feeling the spray of the ocean. What a wonderful feeling. We were both pretty sun burnt later that day.














On the left is the shoreline of Long Beach
Below is the Hyatt Hotel







Left is my best friend Doreen.




Below is taken from the Aqualink looking back at where the Spruce Goose used to be and also the Queen Mary that's still there.


















I had a wonderful time visiting Doreen and time went by too quickly. We went to the movies and saw Phelam 123. Also rented Australia which I had seen but wanted to watch it again since it is so good. Ate out a lot. Slept in till 8:00 everyday. Stayed up late. Got to see Doreen's daughter new place. Just had a great time all in all. I need to go back more often. I used to live there about 14 years ago but everything has changed so much I don't recognize much anymore.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation. don't you love the feel of the ocean spray on your face!
My what a big gap between your post and the comment.

rosemary said...

Oregon is stunning. We ate at Bubba's when we were in Calif early last month. Yummy. Looks like you all had a good time. No, you do not look like Sarah.....your nose isn't long enough and it isn't wood.

rosemary said...

barb.....you don't have to always load photos....just write...you are a great writer....post a blog!!!!