Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gardening has its rewards.

I have been in the garden as much as possible in my spare time. How does my garden grow? Here are a few pics to let you see.

Purple Irises right outside the living room window.
I like to sit out on the deck here and admire all my potted flowers. I have yellow, purple and white daisies, red, yellow and purple petunia waves. Cilantro, Rosemary and Chives. Excuse the mop LOL! I could lie and say it was a long stemmed flower but I won't. It is a wet mop I put there to dry and forgot to move it for this pic.
Here is another flower garden with 3 Bee Balms in the middle.
This is the veggie garden with Zuchinni, crookneck squash (you can just barely make out those beautiful yellowish/orangish flowers on them Rosemary! (our little secret). Also there are cucumbers and another tomato plant in there. This is the finished wall and new flower bed I talked about. Beats looking at that big white propane tank.

Remember the last post of my Topsy Turvey? I am so excited that this contraption really works.












3 comments:

Mom said...

Iris are my favorite flowers. Yours are lovely.
the topsey turvey plant is amazing.

rosemary said...

Wow...I would bet you have done all of this by yourself with the wall being the exception. I admit it I am a gardening dolt. You can tell the story if you want to.....make the blog world laugh. Our tomatoes are about 4" tall and puny. The onions are looking good and we have a bunch of potatoes growing but I will have to look up what and when to do something with them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you did a mighty fine job....only planter boxws for me with all the deer and moose...but maybe someday a real live fenced in garden--you come and Teach me okay?

have a wonderful 4th and rest of your summer