Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out and about

Up until a week ago Friday, I had never been downtown Spokane to a place called River Park Square. It has a lot of stores and a 20 theater movie house. It was the movies that introduced me to this location. My neighbor friend Patty invited me to go and see the movie "Doubt" with Meryl Streep a week ago Friday. We went and picked up Patty's sister and took off for the 9:15pm showing. Reasons we go to the late show is because Patty's sister works nights and she sleeps most of the day on Friday (her day off), also the parking isn't bad and there are fewer people in the movie so we get good seats. I got home that night at 12:30. Ugh, I am not a night person. Also the movie wasn't that good. I thought it was very slow and drab. It definitely leaves a doubt in your mind though.

This last Friday we went to dinner at a place called "Sawtooth Grill" inside the square and then caught the 9:45pm showing of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" starring Brad Pitt and Kate Blanchett. It was a great movie and I recommend it to all. It's funny, sad and romantic. I didn't get home till 1:30am. It was a 2hr 48 min movie!

So now I go out with the girls every Friday night to a movie and maybe dinner if we can afford it.
I think next Friday we are going to see "Defiance".

I really miss going to the movies with you, Rosemary. Remember, we used to have to wait weeks sometimes for something decent to come to our one movie house in Sandpoint. Then those same movies would stay for almost a month. Now every time I go to the movies here in Spokane I will think of you. I miss you.

4 comments:

Mom said...

An evening with girlfriends always makes us feel better.

Unknown said...

What fun....When the time comes that I am more at home in Usk, I'll have to grab Rosemary and drive down and we can all see a movie together!

rosemary said...

Oh Barb, you have no idea how much I miss our adventures.....to the movies, CDA, just visiting, having tea with you in the kitchen and most of all the holidays. When the weather gets better I SWEAR i will drive anywhere for your company.

Anonymous said...

Wow, never been in to town? Girl, you gotta get out more! Maybe one day after I put the critter on the bus, I'll meet you for coffee at Auntie's Bookstore.
I like your moose---they are cousins to our moose...lots of cousins in these parts.