Saturday, January 17, 2009

I love moose







First of all you all have to know how excited I get when I see a moose. I just love these goofy, awkward and unpredictable creatures. Our house is full of moose items such as clocks, mirrors, stuffed animals, picture frames, coffee cups, candle holders, slippers, a log bed with a metal insert in the headboard of a moose and I even have a futon with moose fabric. I have just too many to list. You get the picture though.


When I moved from Sandpoint where I saw moose often, either in the garden or on the road. I didn't think I would see moose here in Spokane. The first time Jerry said there was a moose in the yard I didn't believe him. But sure enough he wasn't kidding. From that day if I hear Jerry say there is a moose I am jumping to see it. I am usually asleep when they wander thru in the early morning. Yesterday was no exception. It was 7am and I jumped out of bed when I heard Jerry say "Barb, there's a moose". There were in fact two moose and they were rather large. Here are some of the pics I took. I was almost late for work because I couldn't stop watching them. I didn't even care that they were eating our Arborvitae bushes.

Anyone tell me how to move the pics to where I want them on the page? I wanted these at the bottom not the top.








4 comments:

Mom said...

I too love moose.On our trip down the Dalton highway in Alaska we had a contest for seeing the most moose. Hearing the cry,"Moose" will always bring back happy memories.

Unknown said...

Barb - In edit mode on your post entry, all you have to do is right click and hold and move the picture where you want it on your entry.

Unknown said...

Sorry, not edit mode but the compose mode.

rosemary said...

I just cut and paste....I usually upload the photos first and then write but I always have to move the top pix down. Diane's way sounds really easy. We have tracks but no sightings.......I remember how lovely your bedroom was in Sandpoint....the colors, the final furniture and the curtains you made. Sniff, I miss you.