Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kitties go for ride


Ok, here it is Wednesday. I had an appointment for the kitties to get their Rabies shots and whatever else they needed. (they are both outside cats and bring us lots of mice and gophers)


I purposely went to Petco and bought another cardboard cat carrier since the only place the cats go to is the vets. We already had one cardboard cat carrier and when they were kittens it's what we brought them home in from the shelter. (Too little for both of them now to fit)


At 3:30 this afternoon I put Ashley in one of the carriers and Jerry found Smokey and got him in his carrier.
They both got put in the back seat of my car and off I went to the vet with both meowing loudly. As I got on the freeway I heard Smokey scratching the side of the carrier and the next thing I knew he had torn a hole in the side and was looking out the window. I couldn't pull over so I kept my elbow between the seats to prevent him from jumping into the front of the car and getting under my feet. I was thinking "How the h--l I was going to get them both into one carrier while inside the car. I pulled into the vets parking lot and managed to get the back door open without Smokey escaping. How I got him into the carrier with Ashley in it I will never know. I survived without being bitten or scratched. I just remember grabbing Smokey by the scruff and practically throwing him on top of Ashley so she wouldn't escape. I felt mean but better than having them get loose onto the street and killed by a car.
The vet gave me another cat carrier to get them home in. The ride home was uneventful other than the loud meowing again. I still had the old torn carrier in the car so I played a trick on Jerry and told him I brought 3 carriers home. He thought I had brought another cat until he got close to the torn carrier. I flipped it around for him to see the hole and then told him the story. He was relieved I didn't bring home another cat.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

And what's wrong with another cat???? One can never have too many cats. As for Seattle. I am starting to feel that way about CDA and have always felt that way about Spokane.

Mom said...

I'm amazed that you didn't lose a cat in the transfer process.