Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Robin's Post

Today it's raining and sky is full of gray clouds. This is why the picture is so dark. You can see the robin on top though!

Before Jerry left for Seattle last Saturday I asked him to put my fence back up around my veggie garden. I made it bigger this year so it needed another post added. I came home from work to find this monstrous pole at the end of the garden area. At first I thought it was so out of place and I didn't like it at all. Then the same day I saw a robin with a worm in its mouth sitting on top of the pole. What a cute sight! Since then I have seen many robins sitting on top of that post with worms in their beaks waiting to fly to their nests to feed the babies. I now love the fact that Jerry put that pole up after all.

I love watching the birds. I put my hummingbird feeders out last weekend and already have a flock of different colored hummers. The Yellow Goldfinches are back also and as the days go by their yellow color gets brighter.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful place to build a nest. Glad you have a ringside view of the nest.

rosemary said...

Now that's a garden post. Maybe the birds feel safe up there. All of our fruit trees have blossoms and I am hoping we don't bump them off this summer and actually get some fruit.