Saturday, December 12, 2009

New blooms

These are the flowers close up.


This is the second Christmas cactus in bloom. If you look back on my blogs the first one that bloomed was around Nov 24th. I still have one more plant but it's not doing anything at the moment. Will see if it even blooms this year or maybe we will have to wait till early next year. This plant here is a different species. These flowers are huge and flourescent pink whereas the other one was red and spider type blooms. I don't put them in closets like the directions say you are suppose to do. They decide on their own when they are ready to be pretty.


Still no snow on the ground yet. Hooray!!! I am hoping to drive to Florence OR for Christmas to be with my family. It's an 8 hr drive and I will be by myself. So wish me luck with the weather.


2 comments:

Mom said...

What a beautiful flower!
Traveling mercies for your journey.

rosemary said...

Lovely...Miss Green Thumb. And bah humbug about the snow. When do you leave?