Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pictures











Looks funny not to have at least one picture on each of my blogs. I took this over the weekend to show just how many veggies we get. This is just a few of each by the way.

Seems the zuchinni has slowed down just about when the crookneck decided to take off. The basket is full of tomatoes and cucumbers, and we have started to get a few edible ears of corn which are just DELICIOUS! White corn at that! In the middle you will see a Basil plant. I have to admit I bought that at the store because I was making zuchinni soup and it called for fresh basil. Hey I am sounding like I can actually cook. Ha ha! I dabble here and there on fun things but don't expect me to cook day after day. NOT me. I would rather clean dishes any day!

I found a project in my latest Birds and Blooms magazine that I am going to make next spring along with planting lots of veggies again. It is a bird bath and it is two terra cotta pots butted together with a saucer on top that you decorate with mozaic pieces. Looks fun and pretty. We love to attract birds here in the garden. After our sunflowers die we take the heads and hang them in trees and over posts so the birds can feast during the harsh winter months.


2 comments:

Mom said...

Your kitchen looks like a farmer's market!

rosemary said...

i agree with Sue.....everything looks great...and big. Readng about the bird bath makes me want to subscribe to B&B again.